**denotes highly recommended air play for smooth
*denotes highly recommended air play for contemporary jazz
Fresh Brew Song Titles and description
1. FRESH BREW (G. Farr) The idea of the title came one afternoon
hanging out with friends sipping on java juice in one of those 'not
so famous' coffee shops. The title of the CD and a great name for
a funky jazz tune! This song features Billy Ross on sax and Gary
on the keys.
2. JAZZ IN THE HOUSE (G. Farr) The concept of this CD was to incorporate
several different rhythms with jazz. Here Gary takes a simple '4
on the floor' feel and turns it around a few times with solo's from
John Kricker on trombone, Mitch Farber on guitar and Gary on keys.
3. A LITTLE SUN SHOWER (G. Farr) Gary has supplied the Weather Channel
with smooth jazz in the past, so he decided to write a neat little
tune with that in mind. Tune in to your local forecast and you might
hear one of over 10 songs from Secret Formula artists.
4. TUSCANY WINE (G. Farr) Another artist from Secret Formula Records
is featured here, classical flutist
rips through a melody line with her wonderful virtuoso manner and
style. Gary was dining with Jeanne and friends at a northern Italian
restaurant with (of course) a bottle of Tuscany wine, got inspired
5. YOU LOVE ME (G. Farr) This song originally was recorded as a
standard jazz ballad. Gary re-arranged it with a soul R&B feel featuring
Secret Formula Records recording artist Ron
Fattorusso on sax. The original arrangement can be heard on
the "Deep as the Night" CD.
6. SPACE RUN (G. Farr) Cool sounds and voice effects with a hip
hop jazz groove. Lunar baby!
7. GRAY EYES (G. Farr) A jazz waltz blues breaks into a swing with
hip piano licks by Gary.
8. NORASIAN CLIMATE (G. Farr) This is one of two songs dedicated
to Gary's wife Nora. Hip-hop, funk jazz.
9. GARY'S WORLD (G. Farr) This might remind you a little of Mile
Davis's Bitches Brew or maybe not, you decide for yourself. Eastern
flare featuring Jeanne on flute and Juan Natividad on muted trumpet.
10. WATERED DOWN (G. Farr) Gary had a great time writing this one.
It starts with a great groove and half way through breaks into a
mean bass and drum funk feel with great piano solo work. Ron Fattorusso
on alto solo. Check out the kickin' soprano snare drum and the nasty
11. A LIGHT SPRING RAIN (G. Farr) You can hear some of Gary's classical
training coming through with Jeanne on flute, a great 'Coltrane'
sax solo by Billy Ross and Ron Fattorusso on Alto doing a solo intro
and into the melody. A classic piece from start to finish.
12. DEEP BLUE WATERS (G. Farr) Gary started his professional career
working in the Islands with a Reggae band. This is Reggae meets
jazz. No problem mon!
13. NEW AGENT (G. Farr) Bond meets jazz and rock. High energy piano
and organ solo's with backup horns.
14. UP & UP (G. Farr) Catchy melody with a nice hip-hop feel.
15. LULLABY FOR NORA (G. Farr) A beautiful orchestral and piano
arrangement love song dedicated to Nora.
16. POUR IT ON (G. Farr & M. Farber) This was originally written
for ESPN TV. Gary liked the way it came out so much that he added
a bridge breakdown. This was a last minute bonus track add on.
All music composed and recorded by Gary Farr 1996-2001©
BMI except 'Pour It On' by Gary Farr & Mitchell Farber
Secret Formula Studio, Davie, FL / Re-mixed and mastered in Los
Angeles CA 2004©
Secret Formula Records, Inc.
Contact LA office Los Angeles, CA 818 269-3356
Copyright © 2006 Secret Formula
Records. All Rights Reserved